Friday, January 29, 2010

Goodbye January

Feeling super thankful today that I finally figured out what was wrong with my Nikon. It's working again and I'm back to looking like this to the boys. :) I missed you big heavy fast shooting awesome camera!





Adam has been gone since early Friday morning to New Orleans for the annual lacrosse Sugarbowl tournament. I am thankful he gets to go, just naturally more than ready for him to be home now.






It was super cold here this weekend (I know we Texans are whimps... it was in the 40's during the day) so me and the boys have stayed in most of the time. We did run out for a bit yesterday to pick up a few movies. I watched My Sister's Keeper last night after the boys were in bed. It was sad. The boys started watching G Force this morning, but I don't think they cared for it. It didn't keep their attention for long.


I finished our taxes yesterday. We're not getting much of a refund, which we feel pretty good about. Just means we didn't make much of a loan to the government last year. :)


Adam took tomorrow off work and is giving me the day off, so my list of to do's is in the works. Yay me! I'm so ready for a me day. Adam has been working really long hours during the week and then was gone all weekend so he probably needs a he day as well. I'm hoping we can secure some good childcare options for such days very soon. I spoke with one candidate on Saturday but knew right away she wasn't the right fit. We're praying about it. Someone will come along.


I've been doing some online research to figure out how to add some more features to our blog. My scanner is not big enough to scan the big 12x12 pages into the computer, however I want to add an area to include some of my scrapbook pages. This weekend I gathered some great things to begin putting mine and Adam's story book together. I found our wedding song's CD and immediately had to listen to it and journal some about the songs we picked, etc. It feels so good when I get some of our history documented and celebrated with words, pictures and paper. I've focused on documenting the boys non stop for the past 3.9 years. I'll never stop keeping books for them, but it's time to work on telling the story of me and my honey :)



Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Happy Birthday Nana Banana!




Love & Hugs,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment