Monday, January 18, 2010

Blog This



I'm certainly not one to invite rodents into our home... but I gave in and brought this little guy home on Saturday.




The boys seem interested in having a pet of their own, and this was about as far as we're ready to explore for now. This is Hamlet, the hamster. The boys were really surprised when we showed them. They kept asking me why I brought it home. For the first few days we are keeping Hamlet in a quiet room, and not handling him a lot so he can settle in to his new home.

The boys are anxious to hold and pet him, and feed him little chunks of apple. I'm hoping they will enjoy their first little pet. He seems to be pretty low maintenance, and I for one am super excited about that!
Adam and I decided to paint an accent wall in our bedroom today. Here's a sneak peek.

I need to get our room put back together now. Then I'll show off the finished product. We really like the way the dark color changed the feeling in our room. It was such a big blank canvas of white in there. Next up I'm going to get some type of curtains hung, and we're going to get a king sized comforter that actually fits our bed.
Hope everyone had a great long weekend like us. This was Adam's 4th long weekend in the past 5 weeks. We could get used to that!
More tomorrow,
amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment